Energy Efficient Lighting with Clark Electric of Metro Atlanta
In today’s age of environmentally conscious individuals committed to preserving and protecting our planet for future generations, Clark Electric Co. is here to help you with tips on how to maximize the efficiency of your Metro Atlanta business and home’s energy.
Small Changes Make Big Differences on Energy ConservationHere are some small changes you can make that will help the environment, while saving you money on your monthly energy bills:
- For starters, you know those spiral light bulbs you see at the grocery store or at your friend’s house? Those are just what you need! They are energy efficient fluorescent light bulbs that use 2/3 less energy and may last up to 10 times the length of your average bulb.
- Even more simple than changing a light bulb is remembering to turn off light switches when you leave a room. Every time you flip those lights off you are not only saving yourself money, but doing your part to help preserve the environment.
- Unplug electronics when not in use. If left plugged in, they continue to draw electricity and add up on your utility bill over time.
- Use cold water when doing laundry when possible and be sure to dry full loads.
- Cracks in your doors and windows allow energy to escape. By sealing off these areas, you will use less energy and maintain optimal temperatures in your Cobb County homes.
- Let the sunshine in during winter months by opening your drapes, and keep it out in the sunny summer months by closing them. If summer nights cool down, open windows to allow refreshing air to cool your whole house so that during the day when temperatures are hot, your house will already be cool and you can avoid having to turn on the air conditioning.
- Using a window fan or ceiling fan is a great way to cut down on your energy bill and avoid using the air conditioner.
Bigger Changes Promote Green Living to the FullestNow, for some more extravagant ways to incorporate energy efficient changes into your lifestyle:
- Those fancy new washers/dryers, refrigerators, and dishwashers, known as eco friendly, are a bit more expensive, but you actually save money when it comes down to paying bills. They store excess energy rather than letting it continuously escape and power nothing.
- If you don’t have a ceiling fan, Clark Electric Co. can easily install a new one for you. On those hot or muggy days, you’ll be so grateful for your new addition, and you’ll save energy by cutting down on air conditioning usage.
- Adding alternative power sources, such as solar panels, can save on the amount of electricity required in your homes.
- Whole house surge protection affords you the capacity to plug many things in at one time in one area of the room, free from worry over tripping on cords, or putting your kids and animals at risk when they play with them. Save yourself some extra money at the end of the month by simply flipping a switch and turning off all running power. For instance, the phone charger not currently in use is wasting energy. Rather than unplugging it, just flip that switch and save some cash.
Clark Electric Supports Metro Atlanta's Effort to Go Green!As you can see, there are small and larger changes that you can make to optimize your energy efficiency, but all change is significant. Start by making subtle changes in your home and you’ll soon realize the difference on your energy bill. Together, we can make a difference in the earth’s atmosphere.
It’s your choice. Just know that Clark Electric is always here to help you GO GREEN!